Central Primary School’s Curriculum Aims:
- fulfil statutory requirements.
- enable pupils to fulfil their potential.
- meet the needs of young people of all abilities
- provide equal access for all pupils to a full range of learning experiences beyond statutory guidelines.
- help pupils to develop lively, enquiring minds, an ability to question and argue rationally and an ability to apply themselves to tasks and physical skills.
- include the following characteristics: breadth, balance, relevance, differentiation, progression, continuity and coherence.
- ensure continuity and progression within the school and between phases of education
- foster teaching styles, which will offer and encourage a variety of relevant learning opportunities.
- help pupils to use language, handwriting and number effectively.
- help pupils develop personal moral values, respect for religious values and tolerance of other races’ beliefs and ways of life, including an understanding and respect for fundamental British values
- Help pupils understand the world in which they live.
- Equip children with the knowledge and understanding needed to live a healthy lifestyle
- ensure that the curriculum incorporates, and is improved and extended by, the partnership’s threads of: STEM, PE and Performing Arts
- seek external accreditation of pathways modules for learners across the primary school (for example: primary arts award, junior young PE leaders, Primary Engineers)
The following is our coordinators for each subject:
Mrs A Parker – 2 Year Olds, Nursery and Reception
Mrs K Ternent – Key Stage 1, Reading Schemes and Read Write Inc.
Mrs E Pink – KS2 English
Miss A Hall – KS2 Maths
Mr M Wright – KS2 Science
Mrs H Walker – Computing and E-safety
Mr J Smith – PE
Miss R Alexander – History and Geography
Mr A Spence – RE and PSHE
Mr J Palmer – STEM
Miss C Deal – Art and D/T
Mr C Heaps – Music
Miss L Hall – Whole school overview
If you wish to find out more, please feel free to contact us via email.